Thursday, September 8, 2016

You Learn Something New Every Day



Hola Todos!

     I have now been in Costa Rica for a whole two weeks, I can hardly believe how quickly the time has gone by! Last night I actually had a nightmare about going home. It was a nightmare because I am not ready to leave, and everybody was different when I returned, the scariest part was that Layla didn't greet me. For those of you who don't know, my dog Layla is always overjoyed to see anyone who has been gone for more than 5 hours, so not getting a greeting was terrifying. I love it here in Costa Rica, and I can't wait for all of the adventures that I will have.
Sadly, this Blue Morpho was dead, but it was the only one
that held still long enough for me to take a picture

     This week has been full of learning, both academic and not academic. On Tuesday, I learned that I actually like shrimp when I ordered spaghetti with shrimp in white sauce at a sea-food restaurant in downtown San Jose. After my sea-food adventure, I went to the National Museum with Alfonso to see all sorts of exhibits. The first thing you see in the museum is a butterfly garden, very much like the one at Meijer Gardens for those of you who have been there. After the butterfly exhibit, we saw lots of exhibits about ancient people and artifacts of Costa Rica. After seeing all of the artifacts, we saw the commanders' rooms as well as a display on "the magic of photography". After going through the museum, Alfonso dropped me off at class.
Santiago and I love to color!
     while traveling to my classes at the UBL on Wednesday, I learned how to take the bus from where I live in Santa Rosa to San Jose and where to catch the next bus from San Jose to the UBL. Last week, I was late to class both days, but this week I was an hour early on both days. While taking public transportation, I have learned that I can survive traveling alone, and that I can get just about anywhere I need to go using public transportation.
     While writing this post, I have also learned that I can speak in Spanish with mi hermanito Santiago while typing in English.

Hasta Luego,
Caylyn

No comments:

Post a Comment