Thursday, September 29, 2016

Feed the birds

Hola todos!

     Yesterday, I took the 2 O'clock bus to San Jose instead of the 3 O'clock, anticipating having an hour of extra time to do a bit of shopping. Instead, I got an extra hour and a half, and I didn't know what to do with myself after purchasing my sweater and rain jacket. I walked around a lot and ate my first POPS ice cream sundae (delicious). I eventually made my way over to the plaza in front of the national theatre, where there were lots of pigeons, and a woman selling dried corn. She imediately reminded me of the bird lady from Mary Poppins who sells bird food on the steps of the cathedral, so I asked to take her picture.

I will admit that I bought some and fed the birds, some even sat on my hand/arm while they ate (and then I washed my hands).

No comments:

Post a Comment